After seeing countless pictures of avocado toast on tumblr, I decided to give it a try. (and i also needed to get rid of the surplus avocados that are in the fridge!) This delicious dish is so simple to make! Avocado toast is perfect for breakfast but it also acts as a perfect snack. The one thing I really like about this recipe is that its so simple and I can literally make it any time.
-1 ripe avocado
-2 slices of whole wheat bread (or any bread)
-hot sauce (optional)
-salt and pepper
- Toast your bread until it has achieved your desired color.
- Cut avocado in half, and take the pit out.
- Slice the avocado lengthwise and use a spoon to remove the avocado from the peel. Repeat to the other half of the avocado.
- Take the slices of avocado and place them on top of the toast. (this is where you can be super artsy so line them up nice and neat!)
- Drizzle with some olive oil and hot sauce
- Top it all off with some salt and pepper
- Enjoy your delicious and simple
*You can also mash up the avocado and use it as a spread instead of slicing the avocado into individual slices.
Avocados provide many vitamins, fiber, and potassium, and healthy fats! Did you know that avocados are actually fruit? That makes guacamole sort of like avocadosauce…
This super fruit is also great for your skin!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!